I will help you build a WordPress plugin – 100% for free – in exchange for letting me blog about the experience.
I’m John Dee – an expert WordPress plugin developer. I am going to be making 7 WordPress plugins for business stakeholders using my Behavior Driven Development / Test Driven Development method. This is an attempt to write a book on WordPress plugin development. I’m looking for business partners who wish to get involved.
Using BDD / TDD, I can decimate production costs and increase quality for WordPress plugin development. Rough guess, I can reduce costs by 90% at most enterprises.
Directions for the toolkit.
- A WordPress plugin made for you, which you then own, 100%.
- A development work-flow for your own team to use in the future.
- A comparison of your current work flow to other small and medium sized development teams. [Except any proprietary information]
- You must come up with an IDEA for a WordPress plugin. That’s mostly it.
- You have to pay for programmers. I am a developer – I am an expert programmer who manages other programmers [usually lower skilled, lower paid programmers, but I love working with experts too!]. If you are running an Agile team already, great! If you’re a one man shop, great! If you already have programmers or developers, great! This might be a very large cost, or a very small cost, but I promise it will be cheaper by an exponential factor than you can do on your own. Again, I will receive zero percent of this, and I’m not shilling for someone else. I prefer outsourcers, but if you already employ human beings who know PHP, great let’s use them!
- This is for WordPress plugins! Business scripting [which is perfect for WordPress], PHP APIs in general, WP-API, PHP SPAs with WP backend etc.
- This is for backend plugin development, not frontend theme design. Not content, not hosting – although I’ll throw in development hosting if you want it. I use dev servers on AWS, which are nearly free.
- Assuming this is a business project, you will have to provide for all aspects of your project not specifically related to development. [i.e. if there is a marketing component to your project, you’ll need to manage that.]
- One of the main points I’m trying to develop is the ability to work remotely. All work is done via Skype.
- I will provide development servers. I use
cloud based development servers on Amazon AWS domain with some garbage like ec2-34-197-124-101.compute-1.amazonaws.com The main obstacle to doing WordPress BDD is setting up the frameworks. It’s really hard.
That’s what I bring.
- Code is stored on Github or Bitbucket. If you require a firewall, no problem. I make everything compatible on any site, so I don’t need access to your production servers. You can do that.
- I am doing semi strict TDD / BDD. Programmers DO NOT NEED TO UNDERSTAND TDD IN ADVANCE.
- I’m doing modified pair programming. I monitor the programmers and direct how they write the code. I generally check in every hour with them. This preserves my brain to take a higher level view of the project while the programmer can work doggedly on the smaller scale without worrying about the higher live architecture.
- Toolkit is 100% open source, Codeception with WordPress module [PHPUnit etc.]
Contact John Dee to get involved.
p. (702)748-5491 [call or text]